Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Applesauce Bars

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to share a recipe that I got from my friend Bonnie. She had these yummy bars one time when she went to get her hair done. Boy I'm ever so glad that she got the recipe too! These are so moist and oh so good too!
Mix together your wet ingredients; eggs, applesauce and oil. Now add the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon baking soda and salt. Now the recipe does not call for vanilla but I do add some. I don't know if it is suppose to have it in or not but I do add some.
I mix this all together with my hand held mixer until everything is well incorporated. Pour into an ungreased 15" x 10" x 1" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Pull out of the oven and set aside to cool.
After the bars have cooled...
Cream together your softened cream cheese, room temperature butter, and vanilla.
Add your powdered sugar gradually, mixing well.
Frost your cooled bars.
Now my husband and daughter like to eat these cold, I prefer them at room temperature because the frosting is soft and gooey. You decided how you like them, but I hope you do like them!!
Applesauce Bars
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts, you can omit if you don't like nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 beaten eggs
2 cups applesauce
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla, not written on the original recipe maybe a mistake??
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in eggs, applesauce, oil and nuts, until well blended. Spread batter into an ungreased 15" x 10" x 1" baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool. Frost
Frosting
2 - 3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened (I just use the whole 8 ounces)
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1 pound box powdered sugar
Cream together cream cheese and butter; add vanilla, mix. Gradually add powdered sugar until all added and spreading consistency.
Well I hope you all will enjoy this recipe, it is so easy to make and so good too! Mary

{Printer Friendly Version}

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Looks really yummy! I've been hankering something sweet! Damn this diet! LOL! Love cream cheese frosting, too!!!! Drool, drool...

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

These look delicious and I love that they're made with applesauce! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)