Monday, June 3, 2013

Biscoff Rice Krispie Bars

Hi everyone!!  I hope you had a great week-end.  Our Sunday was a day for just laying around and doing nothing!  Besides, it was over cast and cool too, good day to be in the kitchen making some goodies!

I found this recipe for these Rice Krispie Bars over on Pinterest.  When I saw this pin I knew exactly who I had to make some of these for.  My friend, whom I use to work for, loves Biscoff, and I will be seeing her on Tuesday, so I will give her a big ol' plate of these to enjoy.  She will have some help, as her sons and she will going on a road trip, nice snack for them to take with them!  You can see step by step pictures on the original posters blog HERE.  Of course I had to try one and so did hubby.  He thought they would be good with a cup of coffee in the morning and I thought they were good at anytime of the day!

Biscoff Rice Krispie Bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup Biscoff Spread
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Put Rice Krispies in a very large bowl and set aside.  In a small to medium sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup and cook over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.  Remove from the heat and stir in Biscoff Spread until well combined.  Pour Biscoff mixture over the Rice Krispies and toss and mix together until the cereal is completely coated.  With buttered hands, spread and gently press mixture into a well-greased (foil-lined) 9 X 13 inch pan.  Allow mixture to cool and then remove foil from pan and cut into squares.  Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.

If you enjoy Biscoff, then you really need to try these bars!  Very good.
I hope you enjoy this post and this recipe, see you soon!      Mary

[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Looks yummy! I've seen a few recipes with Biscoff, but I've never had them. What do they taste like? I'm thinking coffee or something like that???