Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Crock-Pot Beef Stew




Today I want to share with you a crock-pot recipe that I found in a church cookbook.  Aren't those where we find the best recipes in the first place?!  The title of this recipe is Stayabed Stew, as you can bake this in a 275 degree oven for 8 hours if you don't have a crock-pot.  I really like my crock-pot and like findings new recipes to use in it too.  My family really likes this and I usually serve biscuits with it too, but this last time I made Green Chili Cheddar Loaves in my Pampered Chef Brownie pans.  I'll share that recipe later.

I didn't take step by step pictures because you just put everything in the crock-pot except the peas, you add those just before serving.  Oh and the first picture is missing the onions.

Crock-Pot Beef Stew

2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed (I just buy already cubed stew meat)
1 14.5 ounce can peas, drained
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 large potatoes, cubed, peeled or unpeeled
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
1 bay leaf

Spray crock-pot liner with PAM.  Mix all of the above in the crock-pot except for the peas.  Cook on LOW for about 8 hours.  Right before serving, add peas and give it a good stir.  Serve.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

{PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION}



1 comment:

Dee in N.H. said...

Yummmm! That sounds good! I love those old cookbooks. I have several including some from Ladies Aid (sp?)