Thursday, July 2, 2015

Electric Pressure Cooker Corn On The Cob

Hi everyone, I hope you are all ready for the coming holiday.  I got some food to make potato salad and brats for my gathering for one!  Hubby is still working his part-time job, but is going to "official retire" in a couple of weeks.  Oh wow, I won't know how to act when he is home all the time!!

Well I got some corn on the cob the other day at the grocery store to try in my Instant Pot, LOVE IT!!  I don't know about you but I didn't like heating a big of pot of water to boiling, during the hot summer months, to make corn on the cob.  I also didn't really know how long to cook it either.  Well now I don't have to worry about that anymore!  Once my pressure cook comes up to pressure, it only take 4 minutes to cook it!!  Oh boy was it ever so good too, with just a little snap to it when we took a bite of it, yum!


I first cleaned the corn.  Then I put 1 cup of water in the pot, placed my trivet in and laid my five pieces of corn on the trivet, two are missing from the pot!!  Place the lid on, hit Manual, then hit the minus key until you have four minutes on the panel, mine was cooked on High pressure.  All you have to do is let it come to pressure, takes about 5-10 minutes, once it reaches pressure it will start counting down.  When it beeps to let you know it's done, do a quick release of the pressure.  Carefully open the lid and be ready to eat some delicious corn!  No boiling water to worry about and no hot kitchen either!  Oh, I also made green beans in it, in four minutes too :).

Mary

No comments: