Monday, January 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie Bars

Wow, did you all survive Christmas and New Years? We made it. My husband had total knee replacement done on his right knee on December 20th, yup, right before Christmas!! It was the soonest they could get it done and we wanted done before the end of the year for insurance reasons. So I had our small family Christmas at our house on the 18th, in between, working, getting as much done before his surgery and oh ya, also remodeling our master bathroom! Are we CRAZY....YUP!! Oh and I also squeezed in some baking for my neighbors goodie trays too.

I received this recipe from a Stampin' Up demostrator, Patty Bennett. She found this quick, easy and oh so delicious recipe at http://www.bettycrocker.com/. I'm so pleased that she shared it with me too! So now I'll share it with all of you.You mix your box of chocolate chip cookies according to box directions and you also mix the brownies according to box directions. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough in your prepared 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Than do the same with your brownies.
Opps, forgot to get a picture before putting in the oven, but you can still see from this, what I mean.
Here they are all done baking, so the house smell so yummy too!
Here they are with a can of chocolate frosting on top!
Not the best picture, remember, I'm flying around trying to do too many things at one time, but boy do they ever taste good!
1 package Betty Crocker Brownie Mix with chocolate pouch
egg, vegetable oil, and water as noted on brownie package
1 package Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix brownie mix as directed on box.
Mix chocolate chip cookie mix as directed on box.
Grease 9 x 13" baking pan.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough in baking pan.
Drop spoonfuls of brownie dough in baking pan.
Spread alittle, if needed, so the doughs just touch.
Bake for 42 to 47 minutes.
Cool on cooling rack.
Frost, if desired, after fully cooled.
Cut into bars.

2 comments:

Chanda said...

MMmmmmmmmmm, two of my favorite things put together in one delicious bar! Yummy! Hey, I see you now have a printer friendly button! Great idea! You must be a computer genius! ;)

Erika Trowell said...

I'm terrible at cooking but can handle baking. Since I've aced doing these separately your link to this recipe inspires me to try it!