Sunday, June 19, 2011

Toaster Oven S'Mores

Today I want to share with you a recipe that is floating all over the internet and you will also see big displays in the grocery stores too....How to Make S'Mores. Now anybody that was a scout has had s'mores and anybody that has ever went camping has had s'mores but the one thing that is missing when you want to make them at any other time of the year is the camp fire! The heat is what make the chocolate all ooey and gooey and the marshmallow all soft and melted. Now they do have recipes for making them in the microwave but hey I like a little brown on my marshmallows and you just can't get that with the microwave. So the next best thing to the campfire is.....a oven!! Now I don't want to heat my big old oven up just for a few s'mores, so I get my handy dandy little toaster oven out and set it to broil. You know what the only thing missing from the camp fire ones is.....the smoke!


We all have the recipe ingrained into our brain of the ingredients we need for s'mores, Hershey chocolate bars, marshmallows and graham crackers, so easy that, well, a kid can make them!! Oh, they now have thin, square marshmallows made just for making s'mores!!

OK, let's get started. Set up your toaster oven and turn it on to broiler, that is what is going to make your marshmallows look toasty. I line my pan with foil. Than place some graham cracker squares on your pan, I leave room so that I can rotate them to get and even toasting. Now put your chocolate square onto of your graham cracker, now the marshmallow. See how they are starting to brown just a bit.
It will only take about 4 to 5 minutes for the magic to happen, so watch carefully so you don't have a flame happen. There almost there, just a few seconds and I mean seconds more.....
There now they are done. When the marshmallows look the way you like them, remove them and put them on a plate.


Be careful because they will be hot and you don't want to burn your mouth because you know you will want more than one!
Ah...just the way we like them! Now hurry up and go make some so you can lick all the gooey goodness off your fingers!

I hope that you enjoy this great taste of the summer, but now can enjoy all year around! Hope you all give it a try, you won't be disappointed!! Mary

{Printer Friendly Version}

3 comments:

Chanda said...

OOOOhhh, those look sooo yummy! I never would have thought to make those in a toaster oven! What a great idea!!

Kristie Kohn said...

Looks good! I'll be trying this tonight.

Harhar239 said...

Yeah so good. Yummy yummy yummy!