Sunday, June 26, 2011

Twinkie Cake

Hi everyone, I hope your day is going great! Today I want to share a recipe that I found over at the SOUTHERN PLATE. It just looked to good not to try, so when I went grocery shopping I picked up the ingredients that I would need to make this.First off you will need a 9" x 13" cake pan. Than you unwrap all of your Twinkies. Now split nine of them in half lengthwise like I did this one.
Layer nine of the twinkies on the bottom of your pan and eat the tenth one! Actually, I did need all ten of the twinkies to fill the bottom of my cake pan. Here is that it will look like,
Now take your package of instant vanilla pudding and make that according to the package directions. Spread it on top of the twinkies.
Now add on top of the pudding, your drained pineapple. Forgot to get that picture.
Now slice up three to four large bananas, I tossed my banana slices in some lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. Than put on top of the pineapple.
Now take a container of Cool Whip, I used an 8 ounce one but next time I would up it to the 12 ounce size, spread the Cool Whip over the bananas.
Now sprinkle over the top some nuts for garnish and some Maraschino cherries too! Now here is what is looks like when you are all done making it look pretty!
Doesn't it look YUMMY!!!! The best part is, you don't have to heat up the oven to make this dessert, perfect for the summertime!
Twinkie Cake
1 box (10) Hostess Twinkies
1 large box (5.1 ounce) INSTANT vanilla pudding, mixed according to package directions
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
3 to 4 large bananas, sliced
1 container (8 ounce) Cool Whip, I would use 12 ounces instead
Maraschino Cherries, for garnish, drained well on paper towel
Nuts, for garnish
Remove Twinkie cakes from wrappers. Cut each in half lengthwise from top to bottom. Place Twinkie halves in 9" x 13" cake pan, with cream side facing up. Layer pudding, pineapple, bananas and Cool Whip over the Twinkies, in that order. Sprinkle with nuts and top with Maraschino cherries.

There you go a simple, easy to assemble dessert. Great for get-together. Left overs hold up very well, if there are any!!

Hope to see you back here soon! Mary
{Printer Friendly Version}

1 comment:

Chanda said...

OMGosh! I've never heard of anything like this before. How cool! Ya know, it's only a dollop of hot fudge away from a banana split! Yum!